1. The TheBloodPressureCure.com will collect Personal Information on an individual only if the individual provides the information to the TheBloodPressureCure.com. The TheBloodPressureCure.com also may collect information about a person who has been referred to the website to send them emails regarding TheBloodPressureCure.com’s efforts or a person to whom the TheBloodPressureCure.com has been asked to send emails regarding TheBloodPressureCure.com’s programs or efforts. If a person donates to the TheBloodPressureCure.com, the TheBloodPressureCure.com may collect sensitive Personal Information such as the donor’s credit card number, card type, expiration date and keep a record of the financial transaction.
The TheBloodPressureCure.com may collect Demographic Information it obtains from individuals and third parties for fund raising purposes and to notify persons of TheBloodPressureCure.com programs, events, educational opportunities and upcoming meetings.
The TheBloodPressureCure.com may collect Aggregate and Transactional Information and add to its database every time a person visits an TheBloodPressureCure.com Web Site. Also, the TheBloodPressureCure.com collects Aggregate Information for research purposes.
2. Types of information: "Personal Information" is "Demographic Information" and/or "Medical Information" which identifies a specific individual with a minimal degree of effort. Demographic Information includes name, address, city and other similar information. Medical Information includes diseases, treatments, lifestyle behaviors, family history, genotype, phenotype and other similar information. Transactional Information is data collected on an individual based on the individuals' interactions with the TheBloodPressureCure.com, which may include sensitive information such as credit card information and Medical Information. Aggregate Information is information presented in summary or statistical form which does not contain data that would permit the identification of a specific individual without extraordinary effort.
1. When an individual provides Personal Information to the TheBloodPressureCure.com, the TheBloodPressureCure.com may use the Personal Information for its programs, research and fund raising.
2. The TheBloodPressureCure.com uses Transactional Information for research purposes for the development or implementation of its programs, products and services. The presumption is that, since Transactional Information is highly proprietary, it will not be disclosed to third parties.
3. The TheBloodPressureCure.com will disclose all information as required by law.
4. The TheBloodPressureCure.com will make every effort to discontinue the use of an individual's Personal Information as soon as practicable if requested by that individual. The TheBloodPressureCure.com may need to retain Information in its archives and records to comply with law, resolve disputes, analyze problems, assist with any investigations, enforce TheBloodPressureCure.com’s User Agreement and other policies, and take other actions otherwise permitted or required by law.
a. The TheBloodPressureCure.com will take reasonable and appropriate measures to keep Personal Information confidential and in a secure environment, including taking appropriate action in the event of unauthorized disclosure.
b. Access to Personal Information will be restricted to only those personnel with a legitimate business purpose.
c. The TheBloodPressureCure.com owns all Personal Information provided to it by individuals and collected in accordance with this Policy. When an individual provides Medical Information to the TheBloodPressureCure.com, the TheBloodPressureCure.com will ensure that the individual acknowledges their assignment of the right to use the data to the TheBloodPressureCure.com.
2. Scientific Research
Any research funded by the TheBloodPressureCure.com that involves human subjects (e.g., information collected on individuals) must be endorsed by the sponsoring institution's committee on clinical investigation or other appropriate body, and conform ethically to the guidelines prescribed by the National Institutes of Health, which includes obtaining informed consent from each individual.
3.Third Party Disclosure
Permission is required before the TheBloodPressureCure.com discloses Personal Information to a third party. No permission is necessary for Aggregate Information, since Aggregate Information does not identify a specific individual.
a. For disclosure of Demographic Information (e.g., rentals or exchanges of donor lists), the TheBloodPressureCure.com as a minimum will use the "Opt Out" approach. An "opt-out" is obtained when the TheBloodPressureCure.com through some correspondence gives an individual the opportunity to decline or "opt-out" of disclosures to third parties. If the individual does not opt out, permission is deemed granted. Depending upon the nature of an activity or project, a higher standard than "opt-out" may be used, such as "opt-in" whereby an individual must affirmatively give consent before information is disclosed.
b. For research awardees, permission is deemed granted upon submission of an application for a grant to the TheBloodPressureCure.com. Therefore, the TheBloodPressureCure.com may disclose Personal Information, including funding and project summary information, on research program awardees to third parties.
c. For disclosure of Medical Information, Informed Consent is required before the TheBloodPressureCure.com discloses Medical Information to a third party. Informed Consent occurs when an individual has sufficient facts about the disclosure, comprehends those facts, and voluntarily consents to the disclosure. Where a third party such as the employer or healthcare provider of an individual requires the individual to participate in an TheBloodPressureCure.com program which collects Medical Information, the TheBloodPressureCure.com will require the employer or healthcare provider to procure Informed Consent before the TheBloodPressureCure.com will release Medical Information to that employer or healthcare provider.
d. From time to time, there is a benefit in allowing a third party to use collected Personal Information on individuals. However, unless an individual gives permission, the TheBloodPressureCure.com will not disclose Personal Information collected by the TheBloodPressureCure.com to any third party. The TheBloodPressureCure.com sometimes engages third parties to provide certain operational services to the TheBloodPressureCure.com or on its behalf. The TheBloodPressureCure.com may disclose Personal Information to those third parties on a “need to know” basis under a written contract.
e. The TheBloodPressureCure.com uses and allows third parties to use Aggregate Information for research purposes for the development or implementation of its programs, products and services.